What is Oxidized Jewelry? Know Everything about this Trend

by Lasyaa Gifts on Dec 01, 2022

What is Oxidized Jewelry? Know Everything about this Trend

You've probably noticed a lot more blackened silver recently in sculpture, modern jewelry designs, and art jewelry. It has a stylish and trendy vibe. Its contrasting color helps diamonds and gemstones stand out! But you might also be curious to know what precisely oxidized jewelry is. It's also crucial to consider how it will age over time.

About oxidized jewelry

Oxidized silver jewelry, also known as blackened jewelry, is jewelry exposed to sulfides intentionally to permanently alter the color of its surface. It is worth noting that oxygen plays no part in the process, and the word "oxidizing" is misleading. Due to the antique and royal appearance it lends to things, this method has grown in popularity. Additionally, it allows playing around with jewelry by combining and contrasting designs.

What does this type of jewelry look like?

Jewelers now have a lot of influence over the color of your oxidized silver item, thanks to modern technological advancements. Although silver often falls on a broad color spectrum between black and grey, it may also come in more vivid colors like blues, purples, yellows, and reds. Many jewelry items, including necklaces, earrings, chains, and other accessories, may be made with this kind of silver.

Is oxidized silver real silver?

No, it is not. Since real silver is highly inert, oxidizing the surface is quite difficult. Sterling silver, on the other hand, is considerably more suited for oxidation. Sterling silver is 92.5% pure, with impurities like copper, etc. making up the remaining 7.5%.

Does oxidized silver wear off?

Yes, after time, oxidized silver does wear off. This results from normal, unavoidable wear and tear from daily use. Although it is feasible to resolve this problem on your own, we advise seeing a jeweler to prevent any mistakes that might damage your jewelry.

After reading this article, I am sure you can choose the ideal gift for your family, friends, and relatives. Giving your loved ones unique festival gifts is a great way to embrace your festival spirits.

If you are looking for oxidized jewelry, shop from the latest collection of Oxidized Jewelry Online in Dubai, UAE., choose from Oxidized Earrings Online, Oxidized Necklace Online, bangles, bracelets, rings, and more, which can be worn on every occasion.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.